Light zucchini noodles tossed with crisp, crunchy roasted broccoli and chickpeas, all dressed with the most amazing sesame-peanut sauce. This Asian-inspired dish is so incredible you’ll be craving it for weeks!
If you haven’t tried vegetable noodles yet, you really have to! They’re not one of those trendy, over-exaggerated things that will be gone in a couple of weeks’ time, they really are as good as everyone claims them to be. My favorite vegetable to turn into noodles is zucchini because it’s really sturdy to use in a spiralizer and it’s got such a mild flavor that it’s perfect for soaking up all kinds of delicious seasonings.
From the delicate chewiness of the zoodles and the crunchiness of the sesame seeds to the crispness of the broccoli and the fluffy center of the chickpeas, this dish is absolutely bursting with all kinds of textures to keep you going back for more.
This recipe makes enough to serve 1 person as a full meal, but you can easily increase the ingredients to feed as many people as you need to. This dish stores really well, making it perfect to prepare in advance when you’ve got some time to spend in the kitchen so you’ve got a healthy, filling meal waiting for you when you’re ready to eat.
To prepare this dish ahead of time, follow the recipe below and leave everything to cool down to room temperature before sealing inside a plastic air-tight container. The dish will then store perfectly well in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to six months. When you’re ready to eat, simply remove the lid from the container and cook in the microwave for a few minutes until piping hot.
Vegan – gluten-free – serves 1 – 45 minutes
For the Roasted Broccoli and Chickpeas
- ¼ cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- ½ cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
For the Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 large zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a medium-size bowl toss the chickpeas and broccoli florets with the olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder. Evenly spread the chickpeas and broccoli out onto the lined baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crispy.
- 10 minutes before the chickpeas and broccoli will be baked, stir the peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and ginger together in a small pan over a medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, make zoodles out of the zucchini with a spiralizer. Toss the zoodles in with the thickened sauce and leave to cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes or until the zoodles are cooked through.
- Toss the chickpeas, broccoli and zoodles together before scooping into a bowl and serving.